Although driver negligence is the leading cause of automobile crashes, poor or dangerous road conditions can also result in collisions and seriously hurt drivers, passengers, and others. Particular organizations that monitor or work on roads can possibly be held accountable for any injuries on roads that are fundamentally unsafe. It can be challenging to establish liability for these incidents without legal guidance. Therefore, hire a lawyer and work with Turco Legal to get the compensation you deserve for your car crash.
How dangerous road conditions can lead to car crashes?
If there are problems with the road beneath the car tires, even the most cautious and attentive motorist could end up engaged in an accident. The vehicle’s tires might blow out, or it can lose control and wander off the road on the road with bumps, holes, or pits. Road faults could be the root cause of three types of accidents: vehicle rollovers, blowouts, and hydroplaning. No amount of car maintenance can make up for a damaged road.
An automobile collision may be caused by a number of unsafe or hazardous road conditions, including:
- Cracks in the pavement, potholes, or uneven road surfaces
- Defective, absent, or masked road signs
- Defective traffic signals and lights
- Lack of or insufficient guardrails
- Poor Roadway lighting
- Road trash, such as garbage, shipments, or construction materials
- A spill of oil or other slick surfaces
- Drop-offs in the pavement and shoulder edges
- Road markers that have faded in the middle or at the edges
- Untreated roads in a snowy or icy environment
The safety of motorists and other motorists may be at risk due to these defects. It may lead to a driver losing control of their car, which can cause it to overturn or collide with a fixed object or another car.
You would have to figure out who was responsible for keeping the road safe to have a convincing case for reimbursement. In general, the following potential parties could be liable:
- The government body that is responsible for maintaining roads,
- Private enterprises, if the accident occurred on a private road or in a parking lot,
- Any business that the government has hired to build or repair roads,
- A product supplier, if its item had flaws and contributed to the accident,
For a particular roadway, maintenance duties could be split amongst many government organizations. Having an expert attorney on your side could be advantageous, as they might begin an inquiry to assist in ascertaining who is at fault.